It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
221 Hospital Drive NE
Fort Walton Beach, FL 35248
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Ordering Birth Certificates
Florida Birth Records (any County): $15.00 each
Who Can Obtain Birth Records?
Under current Florida Statues, only the following people are entitled to purchase birth records.
- Person listed on the birth record (if 18 years of age or older)
- Any parent listed on the birth record
- Individual or agency named as guardian of individual listed on the birth record (must provide proof in the form of court order or other appropriate documentation)
- How do I obtain a birth certificate?
- Other locations to obtain a birth certificate
- Primary Forms of Photo Identification
- Order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at VitalChek.com, or call VitalChek at 1-877-550-7330
- VitalChek fee: $7
- Express shipping can be requested for an additional fee.
Application for Florida Birth Record DH 1960 (PDF 258 KB) are accepted at our office in the Fort Walton Beach location of the Okaloosa Co Health Department at 221 Hospital Dr NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548. Enter the lobby at the main entrance; Vital Records is to your left.
- A completed Application for Florida Birth Record DH 1960 (PDF 216KB) is required along with check or money order. (Credit cards are not accepted via mail orders)
- Application must be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope and mailed to Okaloosa County Vital Records, 221 Hospital Dr NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548.
- A completed Application for Florida Birth Record DH 1960 (PDF 216KB) Fax to 850-833-9275.
- Must mail check or money order. (Credit cards are not accepted for mail or fax orders) Mail to Okaloosa County Vital Records, 221 Hospital Dr NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548.
Birth certificates may also be obtained through the Okaloosa County Tax Collector’s Offices at these locations only: Shalimiar, Crestview, Niceville and Destin. Certificates sold through the Tax Collector’s Offices are only issued to a certificate holder who is at least 18 years old or to the parent listed on the certificate. The cost is $15 plus an additional surcharge of $6.25 per applicant. The Tax Collector’s Office offers walk-in services only.
Birth certificates can also be obained at Eglin AFB.
All applicants are required to provide a valid, government-issued photo ID (see Valid Forms of Photo Identification below).
- A legally entitled person may authorize another individual to obtain their birth record or their child’s birth record by completing an Affidavit to Release Birth Certificate DH 1958 (PDF 85 KB) and attaching a copy of their valid photo ID. The individual receiving authorization will be required to complete an application and present their own valid photo ID.
Primary Forms of Photo Identification
- Motor vehicle operator’s license issued by any US State or Territory or Canadian province.
- State ID card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Passport, US Passport Card, or valid provisional passport
- Military ID Card (DD Form 2 or DD Form 1173)
- Other forms of government-issued ID are accepted. Please call 850-833-9255 with questions or concerns.
Connect with DOH