It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
221 Hospital Dr. NE
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation says, “the health of our nation depends upon the health and wellbeing of our children and families” (2022). The members of the Healthy Behaviors OCHIP group know this to be true. The group’s priority areas include alcohol and drug use, injury, falls, drowning prevention, nutrition, and physical activity. They aim to help those experiencing ‘life controlling circumstances’. This includes release from a correctional or mental health facility, domestic violence survivors, and others in need of reintegration services.Community Champions
Deb Willis, West Florida Area Health Education Center
Kylee Gallavan, Freedom Life Compass
Goals, Objectives and Strategies
Goal 1: To reduce the number of adults engaged in nicotine, alcohol, and substance use.
- Objective 1.1: By December 31, 2025, decrease the number of people participating in heavy or binge drinking from 18.8% to 17.5%.
- Strategy 1.1.1: Increase education on the health impacts of binge drinking.
- Strategy 1.1.2: Improve reintegration for community members who have experienced life-controlling circumstances.
- Objective 1.2: By December 31, 2024, and every year thereafter, reduce the number of EMS responses for drug ingested poisoning.
- Strategy 1.2.1: Increase awareness of fentanyl safety and education.
- Strategy 1.2.2: Improve reintegration for community members who have experienced life-controlling circumstances.
- Strategy 1.2.3: Assess community needs through GIS mapping.
- Objective 1.3: By December 31, 2025, increase the percent of adult current smokers who tried to quit smoking at least once in the past year from 61.9% to 62.5%.
- Strategy 1.3.1: Increase education on the amount of nicotine in products.
- Strategy 1.3.2: Conduct targeted nicotine cessation outreach.
Connect with DOH