It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
Healthy Okaloosa Faith-Based
221 Hospital Dr. NE
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
DOH-Okaloosa publicly celebrates organizations which are committed to a Healthy Okaloosa culture, where we all benefit from lower healthcare costs, healthier employees and families, and a happy, healthy lifestyle in Okaloosa County! Contact us today to learn more about the Healthy Okaloosa Faith-Based program or visit the Application Process tab below.
- Current Participating Faith-Based Organizations
- Application Process
- Resources and Support
- Beulah First Baptist Church
- Church of the Epiphany
- Cinco Baptist Church
- First Baptist Church of Fort Walton Beach
- Grace Lutheran Church
- New Zion Tabernacle
- Our Lady of Victory Parish
- Rosemont Baptist Church
- Shalimar United Methodist Church
- St. Simon's on the Sound Episcopal Church
- Striving for Perfection Ministries
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Village Baptist Church of Destin
- Silver - 1 Health Promotion Activity and 1 Observance Day
- Gold - 2 Health Promotion Activities and 2 Observance Days
- Platinum - 3 Health Promotion Activities, 2 Observance Days, and 1 Policy Creation
Is your organization interested in joining? Please complete the online interest survey. Afterwards, a Healthy Okaloosa Faith-Based team member will contact you to set up an in-person meeting.
Please contact the Healthy Okaloosa Faith-Based team at HealthyOkaloosa@flhealth.gov or 850-344-0661 for more information!
§ Monthly Newsletters
· The Healthy Okaloosa Faith-Based team develops an e-newsletter each month. The e-newsletter is sent to all program participants and includes information, health tips, and upcoming events. It can be forwarded to congregation members and posted in public areas. To sign up for the newsletter, email HealthyOkaloosa@flhealth.gov!
- One way to complete health promotion activities at your organization is by celebrating health observances! Visit the National Health Observances website to view options. Need assistance? Contact the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites team at HealthyOkaloosa@flhealth.gov!
Resource Topic Areas
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Tips
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Florida Breastfeeding Coalition, Inc.
Florida Breastfeeding Employer Award
General Health Promotion
CDC Workplace Health Resource Center
Connect with DOH