221 Hospital Drive NE
Fort Walton Beach, FL 35248
Hours OpenFort Walton Beach
Ordering Birth Certificates
Florida Birth Records (any County): $15.00 each
Who Can Obtain Birth Records?
Under current Florida Statues, only the following people are entitled to purchase birth records.
- Person listed on the birth record (if 18 years of age or older)
- Any parent listed on the birth record
- Individual or agency named as guardian of individual listed on the birth record (must provide proof in the form of court order or other appropriate documentation)
All applicants are required to provide a valid, government-issued photo ID (see Valid Forms of Photo Identification below).
- A legally entitled person may authorize another individual to obtain their birth record or their child’s birth record by completing an Affidavit to Release Birth Certificate DH 1958 (PDF 85 KB) and attaching a copy of their valid photo ID. The individual receiving authorization will be required to complete an application and present their own valid photo ID.
Primary Forms of Photo Identification
- Motor vehicle operator’s license issued by any US State or Territory or Canadian province.
- State ID card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Passport, US Passport Card, or valid provisional passport
- Military ID Card (DD Form 2 or DD Form 1173)
- Other forms of government-issued ID are accepted. Please call 850-833-9255 with questions or concerns.
Application for Florida Birth Record DH 1960 (PDF 205 KB) are accepted at our office in the Fort Walton Beach location of the Okaloosa Co Health Department at 221 Hospital Dr NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548. Enter the lobby at the main entrance; Vital Records is to your left.
- A completed Application for Florida Birth Record DH 1960 (PDF 205 KB) is required along with check, money order, or credit card information. (American Express and Discover are not accepted.)
- Application must be accompanied by a copy of a notarized valid government-issued photo ID and a self-addressed, stamped envelope and mailed to Okaloosa Co Vital Records, 221 Hospital Dr NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548.
- A completed Application for Florida Birth Record DH 1960 (PDF 205 KB) with credit card information is required. (American Express and Discover are not accepted.)
- Application must be accompanied by a copy of a notarized valid government-issued photo ID.
- Fax to 850-833-9275.
- Order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at VitalChek.com, or call VitalChek at 1-877-550-7330
- VitalChek fee: $5.00
- Express shipping can be requested for an additional fee.