Skip Global navigation and goto content

WIC Eligibility Requirements

Contact us at either location

  •  850-833-9254 or 850-689-7858

    Mailing Address

    221 Hospital Drive NE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 

    810 E. James Lee Blvd., Crestview, FL 32539 


Who is eligible? 

To be eligible, you must be:

  • a pregnant woman,
  • a breastfeeding woman,
  • a woman who just had a baby, or
  • have an infant or child under 5 years old. 

WIC Income Guidelines 

There is a family income limit, but working families may qualify. Total household income (before taxes and deductions) must be equal to or below the amounts shown below. For a pregnant woman, each unborn baby counts as 1 extra person in the household size.

 185% of the FFY 2020-2021 Poverty Income Guidelines for 48 Contiguous States, District of Columbia, Guam and Territories

Size of
Additional Person+8,288+691+346+319+160
*Note: The gross (before taxes) wages on your check stubs based on how often you are paid (income interval) and household size will need to be less than or equal to the amounts in the chart to be income eligible for WIC.
 Revised 06/15/2020

Each year these dollar amounts may increase.

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

Nondiscrimination Statement Other Languages


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form  found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.

Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.

Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD 3027) que está disponible en línea en: How to File a Complaint y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por:

(1) correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; o
(3) correo electrónico:

Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.

Haitian Creole

Konfòmeman ak lwa Federal konsènan dwa sivil avèk regleman ak prensip Depatman Agrikilti Ameriken (U.S. Department of Agriculture, USDA) konsènan dwa sivil yo, nou entèdi USDA ansanm ak Ajans, biwo, ak anplwaye li yo, ak enstitisyon k ap patisipe oswa jere pwogram USDA yo fè diskriminasyon kont moun ki baze sou ras, koulè po, orijin nasyonal, kwayans relijye, yon andikap, laj, kwayans relijye, oswa revanch oswa reprezay pou aktivite yon moun te patisipe ladan avan pou defann dwa sivil nan nenpòt pwogram oswa aktivite USDA ap fè oswa finanse.

Moun ak andikap ki bezwen lòt mwayen kominikasyon pou jwenn enfòmasyon sou pwogram (tankou enfòmasyon ak ekriti Bray, an gran lèt, sou kasèt, Lang Siy Ameriken, elatriye), dwe kontakte Ajans (nan nivo Eta oswa lokal) kote yo te aplike pou asistans yo. Moun ki soud, tande di oswa gen pwoblèm pou pale ka kontake USDA atravè Sèvis Relè Federal la nan (800) 877-8339. An plis, yo kapab jwenn enfòmasyon sou pwogram yo nan lòt lang.

Pou depoze yon plent kont diskriminasyon, ranpli Fòmilè Plent Diskriminasyon Pwogram USDA a, (AD-3027). W ap jwenn li sou entènèt nan adrès: How to File a Complaint, ak nan nenpòt biwo USDA, oswa ekri yon lèt bay USDA epi bay enfòmasyon yo mande nan fòmilè a sou lèt la. Pou mande yon kopi fòmilè plent la, rele (866) 632-9992. Voye fòmilè ou ranpli oswa lèt ou ekri a bay USDA pa:

(1) lapòs: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) faks: (202) 690-7442; ou
(3) imèl:

Enstitisyon sa a ofri tout moun menm opòtinite a.

How do I sign up? 

Our clinics have walk-in hours. Please see each location (Fort Walton Beachand Crestview) for times. At this visit, the household income and medical/nutrition status of each applicant will be reviewed.

If you have questions about qualifying, please call 850-833-9254 in Fort Walton Beach or 850-689-7858 in Crestview. *Note: Use the WIC Prescreening Tool to see if you might be eligible for WIC .

You will need to:
• Bring EACH family member who is applying to receive WIC services.
• Bring proof of ALL income for everyone in the household (before taxes and deductions are taken out)
• Bring ONE proof of where you live (No P.O. Boxes)
• Bring ONE proof of identification for you and ONE proof of identification for any infant or child applying for WIC
• Bring the Social Security Number for each person applying for WIC, if available
• Bring the shot record for each child, if available

When you come into the office to apply for WIC, you will find out if you and your children are eligible.

What if I move? 

If you're moving within Florida, you will need to bring:
• Identification for everyone that gets WIC and is transferring
• Your WIC Identification/Appointment card, if you have it
• Shot records for your children, if you have them
• You must be currently certified and due for benefits. (Florida WIC may be used at authorized stores anywhere in the state)

If you are moving to Florida from another state, we will need:
• Identification for everyone that gets WIC and is transferring
• Proof of where you live now
• Shot records (if you have them) for children
• Any WIC benefits you have from the other state; you cannot get checks from more than one state for the same time period
• Your WIC Identification/Transfer card, from your last WIC Program. Once we get the documentation of your certification, we can complete your transfer and issue your benefits.