Healthy Okaloosa Worksites
Certified Healthy Okaloosa Worksites
- What is Healthy Okaloosa Worksites?
- Current Participating Worksites
- Application Process
- Community Partners
- Resources and Support
The Healthy Okaloosa initiative uses consistent messaging in multiple settings to reach families where they live, learn, work and play. The Healthy Okaloosa 5210 message promotes 5 more fruits and vegetables daily, limiting recreational screen time to 2 hours, engaging in physical activity for 1 hour and cutting back on sugar sweetened beverages, preferably to 0.
DOH-Okaloosa publicly celebrates organizations which are committed to a Healthy Okaloosa culture, where we all benefit from lower healthcare costs, healthier employees and families, and a happy, healthy lifestyle in Okaloosa County! Healthy Okaloosa Worksites recognizes organizations that meet specific worksite wellness standards, with sustainable policy and environmental strategies that support physical activity, healthy eating, breastfeeding support, and being tobacco free.
- If you currently have a Wellness Program, please complete the Healthy Okaloosa Worksite (HOW) Award Form.
- If you do not have a wellness program or health initiatives at your business yet, we can help! Please fill out the following two forms. (Forms contain questions about policies, physical activity, health eating, breastfeeding support and tobacco free living, so we can better assist you!)
- The Healthy Okaloosa Assessment Team processes application (see Award levels below)
- Notification, Assistance and Support are available by Health Assessment Team, contact HealthyOkaloosa5210@flhealth.gov.
- Awards Celebration and Healthy Okaloosa Worksite Recognition for Company website
Award Levels for HOW:
- Platinum (more than 120 points): You have far exceeded the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites standards for worksite wellness. Continue to keep up the great work and serve as a model for other worksites.
- Gold (90-119 points): You have successfully met the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites standards for worksite wellness. We encourage you to explore the Let’s Go Healthy Workplace Toolkit for additional wellness components that can contribute to your program.
- Silver (60-89 points): You are well on your way to meeting the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites standards for worksite wellness. Please utilize the Let’s Go Healthy Workplace Toolkit as you continue to integrate healthy lifestyles into your worksite environment.
- Bronze (33-59 points): You have the beginnings of a strong worksite wellness program. Continue to establish a culture of health by reviewing the Let’s Go Healthy Workplace Toolkit and expanding your program to meet additional Healthy Okaloosa Worksites’ standards.
Provides physical therapy assistance to injury workers.
Panhandle Nutrition and Lactation
Provides breastfeeding mothers with the education resources needed to return to work.
Healthy Day Healthy Life
Provides free lunch and learn sessions to all participating and certified HOW worksites.
Provides free gym membership passes to HOW worksites.
Is Disease Hereditary?
Provides worksites with information on how to improve their health.
Provides worksites the opportunity to engage in physical activity while walking a pet.