Healthy Okaloosa Worksites
Certified Healthy Okaloosa Worksites
- What is Healthy Okaloosa Worksites?
- Current Participating Worksites
- How to Participate?
- Community Partners
- Speakers Bureau
Application Process for the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites Award Program:
Who is eligible to apply?
Any worksite in Okaloosa County is eligible to apply.
When is the application deadline?
Applications can be submitted at any time.
How do I apply?
To apply, a representative(s) from your worksite will need to complete the Healthy Okaloosa Worksite Assessment.
Who should complete the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites Assessment?
It is recommended that the worksite wellness committee (if established) or a small group of administrators who are knowledgeable about company policy and practices complete the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites Assessment.
What do I need to complete the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites Assessment?
- Internet access
- Access to company policies
- 30 minutes to complete the assessment.
What happens after I submit my answers? Responses will be automatically sent to the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites’ Team who will process the assessment. You will receive and acknowledgement within 2 weeks.Will you share my information? We will not share your information unless you tell us we can.
Award Process for the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites Award Program:
When will I be notified of my score?
Worksites will be notified of their score on their Healthy Okaloosa Worksites Assessment within 30 days of submission.
What is the scoring system for the program?
The Healthy Okaloosa Worksites scores are based on the following scoring system:
- Platinum (more than 120 points): You have far exceeded the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites standards for worksite wellness. Continue to keep up the great work and serve as a model for other worksites.
- Gold (90-119 points): You have successfully met the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites standards for worksite wellness. We encourage you to explore the Let’s Go Healthy Workplace Toolkit for additional wellness components that can contribute to your program.
- Silver (60-89 points): You are well on your way to meeting the Healthy Okaloosa Worksites standards for worksite wellness. Please utilize the Let’s Go Healthy Workplace Toolkit as you continue to integrate healthy lifestyles into your worksite environment.
- Bronze (33-59 points): You have the beginnings of a strong worksite wellness program. Continue to establish a culture of health by reviewing the Let’s Go Healthy Workplace Toolkit and expanding your program to meet additional Healthy Okaloosa Worksites’ standards.
What happens if I receive an award?
Awarded worksites will receive an official Heathy Okaloosa Worksites certificate signed by the director of theFlorida Department of Health in Okaloosa County, Dr. Karen Chapman, be recognized on the Florida Department of Health in Okaloosa County website, at HOW events and the annual Healthy Okaloosa Partner Celebration.
What should I do with my award?
The HOW Team encourages worksites to display their certificate with pride in the workplace and on the worksite website.
Do I have to reapply?
Yes. The Healthy Okaloosa Worksites award is valid for two years. To reapply after 2 years, worksites must complete the HOW Assessment again.
What happens if my worksite is eligible for a higher level award before the 2 years is over?
Worksites can apply for a higher level designation after one year and should submit a new Healthy Okaloosa Worksites Assessment.
The HOW Toolkit contains guidelines for creating a worksite wellness committee and successful worksite wellness program. Applicants are encouraged to review the toolkit and use its resources.
Let’s Go Healthy Workplace Toolkit:
The Let’s Go Healthy Workplace Toolkit contains additional information and ideas for your worksite wellness program. Applicants are encouraged to review the toolkit and use its resources.
Provide physical therapy assistance to injury workers.
Panhandle Nutrition and LactationProvide breastfeeding mothers with the education resources needed to return to work.
Healthy Day Healthy Life
Provide free lunch and learn sessions to all participating and certified HOW worksites.
Gold's GymProvide free gym membership passes to HOW worksites.
Is Disease Hereditary?Provide worksites with information on how to improve their health.
PAWSProvide worksites the opportunity to engage in physical activity while walking a pet.
The Healthy Okaloosa Collabrative has created the Speakers Bureau to offer HOW participants the opportunity to have a guest speaker at staff trainings, meetings, etc. Several topics are available. For more information or to request a speaker, email HealthyOkaloosa5210@flhealth.gov.
Naomi Brown, Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist, West Florida AHEC
Topic: Tobacco Cessation
Whitney Temple, Diabetes and Nutrition Education Coordinator, Twin Cities Hospital
Topics: Diabetes and Nutrition
Tammy Lantz, Registered Dietitian & Lactation Consultant, Panhandle Nutrition Lactation
Topics: Lactation and Nutrition
Dr. Sarah Letterman, Doctor of Chiropractic, HealthSource Chiropractic of Fort Walton Beach South
Topics: Managing Stress, Sleep, Proper Body Mechanics, Fat Loss, Wellness Care (Chiropractic Issues)
Interested in being part of the Speakers Bureau? Click Here
Screen TimeScreen-free Week
TobaccoTobacco Free Florida
Healthy Okaloosa Worksites Toolkit
Posters and Signs
Monthly Survey Link
Application and Partnership Agreement
Sample Policies and Environmental Changes